[Hampshire] Ubuntu upgrade problems

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu upgrade problems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58093100.hantslug.org.uk.24464': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue May 22 20:27:24 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

A friend upgraded his Ubuntu desktop system and now it doesn't boot properly.
I don't run Ubuntu myself and I don't have physical access to the system at
the moment so I'm not 100% sure as to what is going on, has anyone else seen
any upgrades go awry this week?

If it doesn't boot in "safe" mode I'll probably go round and have a look later
this week.

As ever, thanks in advance.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A people that values its privileges above
its principles soon loses both.
    -- Dwight D. Eisenhower