Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting
On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:33:55 +0100
adrian@??? (Adrian Bridgett) wrote:

> So when you try from the command line that will be true, but the
> webserver runs as www-data so it won't be true in that case.
> /etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf (or somesuch) would be useful to know.

reading the manual and trying different settings in pg_hba.conf seems
to have cracked it

I now have these two lines in pg_hba.conf

local   all         all         trust
host    exodus    jayell 127.0.0.1/32    trust

but it looks like I may not have set up the database correctly as set
out in README.txt file which says to run these commands

exodus=> \i /path/to/sql-files/datadef.sql
exodus=> \i /path/to/sql-files/dbinit.sql
exodus=> \i /path/to/sql-files/views_and_functions.sql

the error message I get when the database is opened is

Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR:
function get_source_text(integer) does not exist LINE 1: SELECT
get_source_text(0) ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and
argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.
in /var/www/exodus/functions.php on line 32

and then

The requested URL /var/www/exodus/family.php was not found on this
server.

when I try to add a person to the database. I think I will have to

DROP DATABASE exodus;

and then recreate it as set out in README.txt

It is all good clean fun :-)

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package