Was Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting NOW PHP plus postgresql

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Was Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting NOW PHP plus postgresql
On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:33:55 +0100
adrian@??? (Adrian Bridgett) wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 06:56:05 +0100 (+0100), Philip Stubbs wrote:
> > I would try and add a password. Use the Postgress admin tools to
> > add
>
> seconded. IIRC you can tell postgres to allow you in if your
> username matches the user you are running as.

I tried using phppgadmin

http://localhost:80/phppgadmin

but get this error

The requested URL /phppgadmin was not found on this server.

I cannot see anything in the conf files that I need to tweak

> So when you try from the command line that will be true, but the
> webserver runs as www-data so it won't be true in that case.
> /etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf (or somesuch) would be useful to know.

/etc/postgresql/8.2/main/pg_hba.conf
#
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                 ident sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
#
local  all  all                                             password
host  all  all  127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255  password
# IPv6 local connections:
host  all  all  ::1/128  md5

One remaining problem is I haven't set up a password as yet for the
exodus database as I have to find out how to do this, need to
RTFM, and have been busy on other things since this morning.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package