[Hampshire] Re: What do you use (was Multimedia on Linux)

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Re: What do you use (was Multimedia on Linux)
I tried a few Linux apps to make slideshows a few years ago but IMHO
none were really up to scratch. I have not tried Imagemagic but I will
give it a go at the meeting next week.
I do make AV shows ( Slides with music or commentary) quite often. This
is done under Windows and I use either PRO-Show Gold or Pictures-to-Exe.
Both are available as trial editions with differing amounts of options
disabled. They are commercial software but do work and for me getting
the end result is what is important here not if it runs on Linux etc.
I do the sound editing with Audacity.
I would like to move over to Linux but until at least Xorg 7.2 is
released adding a projector or configuring multiple screens is just too
much of a pain in the ass. In this area FOSS has a lot to learn from
both Windows and OS/X in how easy it is to add a projector etc to a
working system without risking totally messing up your X config.

/S