Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e9f100.hantslug.org.uk.17931': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu May 3 14:19:32 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 01:52:33PM +0100, Daniel Pope wrote:
> Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > "We" don't have root access on lug.org.uk, but then the wiki is currently
> > hosted on the LUG's own server, hantslug.org.uk. I had assumed this would be
> > set up on a $test_server somewhere but if necessary we can discuss details of
> > what's needed for MoinMoin to run on the LUG box.
>
> I see. I suspected it was on their box because of the hants.lug.org.uk domain.

Nah, that just points to our server too. At least, for now...

> It's set up on my desktop box at the moment, and I'll transfer it to my
> webserver when I've got the migration script working more fully. However, I am
> conscious of the fact that it ought to be able to run on the HantsLUG server
> eventually.

The hantslug server runs Debian Sarge, so that should be the base-line
platform. I don't plan on upgrading to Etch, but we could use a few carefully
selected backports if necessary.

> >> I assume that since you didn't send me the 'keep' tree we don't mind too much
> >> about the revision history?
> >
> > You only asked for the pages. I can send the keep tree too if you want.
>
> It would not be very hard for me to generate old revisions and commit them in
> sequence, but I don't know what value users place on the revision history.

If it's do-able, I think it's worth preserving. I'll send over a tarball
later.

Tony