Re: [Hampshire] Todays Meeting

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Todays Meeting

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 bob.jelf@??? wrote:

> I would like to thank those who helped me out with my beast today, I
> will now finish configuring it with my personal settings.

Glad to hear you got some help.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Cayenne-uk wrote:

> I'd like to add my thanks for all the hard work which went into todays
> meeting, which I enjoyed greatly. Best talk for me was Alans on VirtualBox.

Oh God please don't say things like that! His head is quite big enough
already :)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Ciemon Dunville wrote:

> Agreed, an excellent day. Thanks to those who helped out in any way.
>
> I thought the lightening talks were a particular success, 10 mins is
> just enough time to give the audience a taste of the subject matter.
> The great thing is, if it appeals you can go and research it some
> more, if it doesn't you only have to suffer for 10 mins!

Indeed, they seemed to be well enough received (at least nobody threw
rotten fruit:), but I'm sure the committee would like to hear what other
people though.

Should we be aiming to do more lightning talks in the future? If so what
topics would people like talks on?

Don't forget to update the wiki page for the meeting with details of what
you got up to during it and I saw a number of people taking photos, so I
expect URLs to appear on the wiki as well...

Andy