Re: [Hampshire] Video Editor

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Video Editor
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Mat Grove wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:21:35 +0000
>> Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>>

>>> Can anyone recommend a tool that wil allow me to rotate an avi file
>>> through 90 degrees and save the result?
>>>
>>> I have tried various incantations with mencoder, none of which
>>> produce a result with video (the sound is intact).
>>>
>> You could try avidemux - it's a GUI movie editor.
>

> Thanks Matt, just taking a look at the app and accompanying docs now -
> can't find a way to rotate the video through 90 degrees though, although
> infuriatingly I found an article that implied I should be able to do this.

I know you've solved this now, but it's a video filter. Choose any video
codec other than "copy" and click "Filters". Then "Add". Then scroll
down to "Rotate". You then get a preview window with a drag bar across
the top. Drag to suit and click OK. When you save the output video, it
will apply the effect, which may take some time. The output video will
be rendered with the appropriate rotation.

Tony