Re: [Hampshire] cvs history query

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] cvs history query

Andy wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to tell when a tag was applied to a file in a CVS
> repository?

Ive been looking CVS this week so some ideas to share to bring the
question back into forum...

> Can someone suggest the correct incantation of the cvs history command to
> extract information about who applied what tag when or point me towards
> some decent documentation (I've read several sets of documentation on cvs
> history which seem rather vague or incomplete) on the command?

Looks like the history has a show all Tag information switch -T and -c for
time commitment, for when a repository was modified, but there must be a
CVSROOT/history file which you seem to have, something like...

#history --report -T -c

just a hint from the blind, reference:

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/history.html looks quite clear.

Hope this helps