[Hampshire] Help needed

Author: Robert Jelf
To: Linux User Group
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Help needed
I have a new computer with an Asus A8N32-SLI DeLuxe motherboard, with an AMD
Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, ATI Radion X1800 series graphics card, TV card,
Creative X-Fi Fatality sound card, 200GB and 250GB SATA hard drives, DVD
writer and DVDrom for various reasons the 250GB drive has 2 NTFS volumes on
it. The 200GB drive is in a swappable caddie.

I have tried various distro's but none cane read and write to the NTFS
drives. The distro'e that I have tried are Open SUSE 10.1, Mandriva 10.1,
Slackware 11.0, Desktop BSD 1 AMD64, Fedora Core 6 - 64, SimplyMepis 6.0 and
Knoppix 5.1.1.

Although the Knoppix reads the NTFS drive I am unable to write to it. After
searching on the Web I find that there are no linux drivers for my sound
card so I will have to wait until some are written

I can bring all the mentioned software along to the meeting tomorrow as long
as soneone is prepared to sit with me and set up my machine. Whatever
software isn't used on my machine I will leave behind for someone else to
use.

TIA
Bob Jelf