Re: [Hampshire] [OT] RAR access on Windows?

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] RAR access on Windows?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b67100.hantslug.org.uk.27330': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Mar 8 21:13:46 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Thursday 08 March 2007 20:49, Andy Random wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Adam Trickett wrote:
> > Wikipedia says that 7zip for windows can decompress rar files without
> > expiring. It also says that the decoder is open source and available,
> > though not very up to date.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR
>
> Thanks Adam, but as far as I can tell Wikipedia, or probably to be more
> exact 7zip is lying :(

I had a look round the forums on Sourceforge, they say that 7Zip can
decompress rar and that people should stop asking can 7Zip decompress rar
files. However people seem to have problems with it...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

While it may be faster than DLT tapes, 're-typing' is not a
valid recovery strategy.
    -- anon