Re: [Hampshire] webserver route to another box on an interna…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] webserver route to another box on an internal LAN?
On 02/03/07, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:12:28PM +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> > OK, had to go through the configure/make/install a couple of times
>
> I assume there is a good reason you aren't using vendor packages
> right? :)

Not sure if I'm missing something here... apache and its mod_* modules
are present (I assume) in most distros ( == "vendors"?) but I don't
know of pre-built "vendor packages" that comprise the server
configured in different ways. I'd agree that if I wanted to install
something new on a system, let's say nagios as an example, then there
is a package available (on ubuntu, at least) so there'd be no need to
download+configure+make+install in that case, one would just use your
pkgmgr of choice. But I don't see how that applies to an apache config
issue.

Of course the alternative answer is "Yes ... laziness, impatience and
hubris" B-)