Re: [Hampshire] webserver route to another box on an interna…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] webserver route to another box on an internal LAN?
Sorry, back again...
mod_proxy looks like exactly what I need. Trouble is it's not compiled
into my current Apache (2.2) by default, and is listed on apache.org's
modules list as an extension.
So I am seeing this:
[root@testsvr1 bin]# ./apachectl -t
Syntax error on line 408 of /usr/local/apache2_testing/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'ProxyRequests', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
( what I have added to httpd.conf is
ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /foo http://foo.example.com/bar
ProxyPassReverse /foo http://foo.example.com/bar

).

I have a directory /usr/local/httpd-2.2.4/modules/proxy which has the
source but there's no compiled .so there, nor a way to make one (there
is a Makefile but it doesn't do anything). Do I need to do a new
configure and make for the whole apache? I'm puzzled because there
does exist a mod_proxy.so in /usr/lib/httpd/modules, but that dates
back to 2002 presumably from an earlier apache install. Presumably all
th emodules did get built at that time but have not this time?