Re: [Hampshire] Changing user passwords without shell access

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Changing user passwords without shell access
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 17:13:00 -0000 (-0000), Damian Brasher wrote:
> This is the download site for the scripts in case anyone wanted to try
> them out - if you find anything drastically wrong or need support post
> here and I'll try to respond in good time.
>
> http://www.interlinux.co.uk/project_downloads.html

There's a definite interest from me :-)    I'm also looking at
providing a simple interface to LDAP so that people can update their
details (and the addressbook).  There are a few out there, but none
seemed to fit the simplicity that I wanted (I think one came close and
just needed modifying, but looked horrible codewise).

Maybe I've found myself another pet project to learn Ruby on Rails.
My "big idea" has, unfortunately just been implemented by Yahoo as
"Pipes" from my brief reading of it. Oh well, there goes my chance to
be a .com ;-)

I just need to find the time now....

Adrian
--