Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu + Debian

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu + Debian
On Tuesday 27 Feb 2007 11:28, john lewis wrote:
> I did think some distros simply used the Debian repos
> and added things like friendlier installers back in the days when
> people had the impression Debian was difficult plus stuff that
> cannot be included in Debian repos for copyright etc reasons.

Libranet? :-)

I have another year or two of security upgrades, provided that I don't need
any new hardware. After all, I am using the sarge ones. (Libranet
out-of-the-box uses the sarge security updates.) By then I hope to have
either

a) become competent enough to set up Debian as a desktop that is in real use.

or

b) found another distro to fall in love with.

Lisi