Re: [Hampshire] Grub Error 17 and Filesystem Problems

Author: Alasdair Ross
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Grub Error 17 and Filesystem Problems
If I try and mount /dev/sda7 while booted from the live CD I get the
following error (running "sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sda7 /media/root"):
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda7,
    missing codepage or other error

I'm sure that it was an ext3 partition. Going on the line "bad superblock"
am I right in assuming it's totally b0rked (to sue a technical term)?
:-/

-Alasdair-