Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu + Debian

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu + Debian
> Even
> setting up shortcuts or scripts to handle the device node detection and
> mounting only worked until you plugged in a different device and all the
> device nodes changes. This sort of stuff just doesn't happen with udev
> and HAL etc.

I was somewhat concerned when I started using WBEL4, which also uses udev.
It was new, and I didn't understand what was going on.

I still can't say I understand how it works - but it *does* work. I'm now
at the point where going back to WBEL3 frustrates me - these things are so
much easier when you've got that extra functionality at the device layer
:-)

Vic.