Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BBC Petition

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BBC Petition

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57380100.hantslug.org.uk.15758': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Feb 25 13:56:33 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 12:45:04PM +0000, Chris Dennis wrote:
> This came through on the WAMUG (Wessex Mac Users) list, and I thought it
> would be of interest here. Apologies if you already seen it.

> To petition them to release a version for other operating systems, sign
> at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/iplayer/

It's not clear to me that it would be a good thing for the government
to have such influence over the BBC that the Prime Minister's office
could tell it what software to use.

The BBC is not a government department.

The fact that it's a state-owned corporation (like Royal Mail),
funded out of a de-facto tax, muddies the waters somewhat.

Cheers,
Andy