Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:54:28 +0000
Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:

> IP across the world is cheaper than a conventional phone call.

That does depend on where in the world I think, my wife does make a
regular call to a old friend in Australia but even her "long"
conversations don't cost much. Around 50p I think, I can't check as
my accountant doesn't seem to keep the phone bills these days.

> VoIP can be more flexible, e.g. lets you have geographic numbers in
> places you aren't in routed to places you are with full PBX features
> like on hold, call queues etc etc., without expensive hardware.

Oops! you have lost me there - sounds like marketroid talk to me.
I guess business users may need such stuff.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application