Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577d2100.hantslug.org.uk.19100': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Feb 24 09:27:56 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 09:19:06AM +0000, Jim Kissel wrote:

> Sean Gibbins wrote:
> >Jim Kissel wrote:

> >>You should add a smiley, or bracket non-obvious jokes with [humour] to
> >>prevent misunderstanding in e-mails.
> >
> >Huh? Have I missed something? Where's the joke?
>
> [humour]you will increase security by obscurity[/humour]

Still not getting it. Security through obscurity is an actual
security engineering technique, in use in many systems, and is not
necessarily and universally a bad idea. This would be a example of
a good use of it. :)

Cheers,
Andy