[Hampshire] Data recovery

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire List
Subject: [Hampshire] Data recovery

A friend of mine laptop popped its clogs (mainboard), she has got the hard
disk out of it and mounted it in a usb external case. But her new laptop
can't access the folders because she was using users indenties with passwords
on the old laptop.

I have suggested that she uses a Live cd on the new laptop and access the
files that way, will this work??

Her new Laptop is running Vista (spit) and the old hard disk has XP, I was
thinking of starting with Knoppix and if that did not boot then work my way
through all the other various live cd till I find one that boots.

Any other suggestions

Tim

All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html