Re: [Hampshire] Copying from one set of disks to another

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Copying from one set of disks to another
> My plan is to take the two current disks out of their chassis and put them
> temporarily in another chassis with the two new disks.

One trick I've used in the past is to create the new array with one disk
marked as "missing". This allows you to build a RAID-1 array that is fully
functional, except that it doesn't actually RAID anything :-)

Once you've copied all your data to that array, pull the system down & add
in a new disk with mdadm. Then sit & watch your HDD light burn for a
while...

Vic.