Re: [Hampshire] Wireless help

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless help
On Sunday 18 February 2007 12:58, John Cooper wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > On Saturday 17 February 2007 21:38, John Cooper wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> I have to compile my own rt2500 driver for every new kernel I install.
> >> Check yours is loaded ok
> >>
> >> $ lsmod | grep rt2500
> >> rt2500                173668  1

> > root@2[mit]# lsmod | grep rt2500
> > rt2500                150372  0

> "0" means it isn't being used by anything. For example my "1" means
> there is 1 module using it e.g. ra0. Try
> modprobe wlan0

mit@5[~]$ modprobe wlan0
WARNING: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.d/cs46xx: Permission denied
FATAL: Module wlan0 not found.

Permission on the cs46xx file are -rwx------

I'm not sure why its calling that file, I would of thought it would call
rt2500, permission on this file are -rw-r--r--

Tim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html