Re: [Hampshire] Hi, and some stuff going free

Author: Andy Ransom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hi, and some stuff going free

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Rob wrote:

> Just thought I'd join up, pop in and introduce myself

Welcome.

> and try and offload some gear (apologies if its sounding a bit spammy so
> far....)

We're a pretty informal lot, plenty of people off load old kit here, we
don't even object to the occasional sale (as opposed to give away) as
long as its clearly a private sale rather than a commercial enterprise.

> I moved from Bristol to Gosport about 3 years ago,

And it has taken you 3 years to join the list? Tsk, tsk Rob, what have you
been up to in Gosport for that length of time :)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Tony Whitmore wrote:

> There are a few Portsmouth residents on the list, but I'll let them
> declare themselves!

There are a few Gosport residents as well, but similarly I'll let them
speak for themselves if they want to.

We have run Info Points (http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InfoPoints)
in Gosport in the past, though none recently (due I think mostly to the
lack of computer fairs) so as others have mentioned the closest meeting to
you is Southampton and that won't be until April. You'd be very welcome at
the March meeting in Aldershot though and a number of people come up from
the coast for it.

However if you need to get rid of the kit in a hurry, Jamies (again in
Southampton) is probably your best bet.

        Andy
--
   Andrew Ransom <andy@???>