Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems…

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems with editing GRUB}
On Saturday 17 Feb 2007 19:35, Alan Pope wrote:
> On IRC Hugo (who cannot mail right now) suggested your second map line
> may need a comma and not a full stop in the hd1 section.

Thanks - yes, it does and has in fact been corrected in the actual file.
(Amid loud cursing ;-) )

But I appreciate the tip -and shall now try your other tips. I'm not proud
about which distro - even a SuSE file would get a hearing. ;-) _Something_
must work, because people do it successfully.

Thank you very much - and thank you to Hugo. I really must get over my "fear"
of IRC. (Based on my very poor typing and the impossibility of lurking to
see whether I feel that I could cope.)

Lisi