Re: [Hampshire] Printers

Author: Chris Aitken
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Printers
> p.s. I hope I do not need to say (rule of thumb)
>
>   1) avoid lexmark - carts are almost all thermal and melt after one refill.
>   2) avoid HP - carts are chipped and timestamped - they may have a "use
>      by" date which is enforced by the printer! And there are lost of
>      out of date carts for sale on the net and in shops!

Generally HP printers have integrated print heads in the cartridge, so
they get replaced with every cart replacement. Epson's heads are part
of the printer.
This can cause problems if you've had your HP profiled to produce B+W
prints without any metamerism, and then run out of ink!

I know you can slso buy Epson chip resetters for when non OEM carts are used.