Re: [Hampshire] Peculiar behaviour of USB disk

Author: Tim B - Systems
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Peculiar behaviour of USB disk
I have used an 80GB Western Digital external drive with no problems on
Mandrake 9 & 10 and Mandriva 2006 & 2007. I now use a standard 3.5" internal
HDD and an E-buyer USB/Firewire Caddy as it is cheaper.

Verify your external disk (ie run fsck on it) it sounds like an HDD problem.
Is it getting particularly hot?

Hope some of this helps,

Tim B.

--