Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus …

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is it safe to delete... (Episode 2 of virus saga)
> /home/peter/.mozilla-thunderbird/30ipc2uz.default/Mail/mailhost.zen.co.uk
> contains a file called Inbox which is very long. Can I safely delete it?

I wouldn't.

It's an inbox. It *might* be a copy of email kept on a server, or it
*might* be the only remaining instance of all that data.

The Principle of Minimal Cockups says not to delete data until you *know*
it's not needed any more...

What I would do is to go in with Thunderbird (which obviously created that
file) & look for any infestation manually. This assumes that the mailbox
is of a manageable size, of course :-)

Vic.