[Hampshire] .mozilla-thunderbird directory contains 2 viruse…

Author: hantslug
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] .mozilla-thunderbird directory contains 2 viruses - help
I am doing various housekeeping jobs on my husband's computer while he is out.

clamscan informs me that there are two viruses in subdirectories
in /home/peter/.mozilla-thunderbird and in both cases tells me where they
are. Unfortunately, whenever I attempt to navigate to either of the files
mentioned, the directory in which they are supposed to be shows as empty. I
have navigated by point and click and also from the command line. Both say
that there is nothing in the relevant sub-directories - but clamscan
continues to tell me that those two sub-directories each contain a virus
infected file.

So how do I delete the files or otherwise disinfect them?

TIA
Lisi