[Hampshire] Debian 64 bit and the nVidia 430 chipset

Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian 64 bit and the nVidia 430 chipset
Has anyone installed the 64 bit version of Debian onto a machine using
the nVidia nForce 430 chipset? I am having a few problems, mainly the
fact that as soon as I configure the RAID mirrors during install the
whole thing grinds to a halt. I suspect this may be a driver problem,
but I'm only using PATA/IDE drives, so have no need for the sata_nv
driver, unless for some reason it crosses over functionality! Just
thought I'd ask in case anyone had any tips :)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/